On Saturday I shot for Lazuli Clothing. Insane South African brand and am on love with their Winter collection!
First pic - campaign material
Second pic - behind the scenes make up
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Friday, March 15, 2013
I just found this post I saw on facebook hilarious!
"The Pope, wearing a fabulous vintage chiffon-lined Dior gold lame gown over a silk Vera Wang empire waist tulle cocktail dress, accessorized with a three-foot House of Whoville hat and the ruby slippers Judy Garland wore in the Wizard of Oz, on his way to tell us it's Wrong to be Gay".
And not to offend anyone but this is why I found it bizarre when people are so pushy with religion. If yu are religious and follow a specific religion, good for you! But if its about imposing your beliefs on others and preaching that we should not use contraceptives when poverty is such a huge epidemic in the world today - rather don't. I'm not very religious per se, but I do follow tradition and am more so a spiritual person. Each to their own - but watch what you say whilst wearing Dior and Vera Wang in the same outfit ;)
Monday, March 11, 2013
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
I joined SHAWCO at UCT an organization involved in various projects to help various underprivileged communities. I joined the project called Masizame in Hout Bay. I chose this project as I live in Hout Bay which means a lot to me and am so happy to be helping even if it is a small contribution! We tutor grade 6's maths - times tables at the moment. I'm tutoring a beautiful girl called Mamelo and a hilarious little boy called Edwin - all very cute. I can't get involved as much as I'd like to due to my busy days with varsity work and external work too :/ I tutor once a week and really encourage everyone and anyone to join - fun and very rewarding! Have a beautiful week A x
Thursday, February 14, 2013
-I aim to make mistakes and to learn from them as I feel that’s the best way to learn. I’m traveling to Bali in June and would love to shoot a few girls there. I want to shoot more ‘intense’ themed stuff and meet new people to work with.
What are the biggest lessons you have learnt over the past few years as a fashion photographer?
- To never say too much as the industry in Cape Town is so small, and to always be aware of whats new regarding fashion. Also the model is the most important aspect of a photo, not the clothes or make up.
What has been the greatest experience for you and is there a job in particular that has highlighted this?
- The greatest experience has been my entire journey over the last 2 years of development and learning. I’ve met some amazing people and met some of my good friends through my passion. Each shoot is a great experience for me.
What is your favourite subject matter, style and theme?
- My favourite thing to achieve from my photos is an edgy feel and style. I would like to develop more on a darker more attitude style.
You are 18 now. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Wow, I would hope to have travelled and shot in places like Milan , London and new York. I would also love to have shot certain international models and icons.
What inspires your work the most at this current stage in your life?
- Many blogs and magazines as well as of course many photographers such as Lara Jade and Chris heads!
WOW - What talent